Statistics show that if you made a resolution for 2022 on January 1st, most of them will be abandoned by January 17-19th.
I’m here to remind you to stick with it or get started!
5 Reasons Setting Goals is Important in Every Area of Life
When it comes to most areas of life, people tend to float around and embrace the idea of whatever happens, happens. But here are 5 reasons why setting goals is important, no matter what you’re talking about, whether it’s work, play, or even relationships.
1. Goals keep you focused. Imagine a ship setting sail without a destination in mind—as it traveled wherever the winds take it, supplies would eventually run out, and the crew would probably have to resort to cannibalism in order to survive.
Okay, so maybe a lack of goal setting won’t yield such dire results, but you certainly won’t get anywhere specific if you don’t have a plan. Whether you’re talking about work, hobbies, or relationships, setting a goal will keep you moving towards success and fulfillment, without veering off course.
2. Goals help you make a plan of action. When you know how much you’ve accomplished, you can understand how much you need to achieve and pace yourself accordingly.
For example, if you set a goal for yourself to save up a million dollars for retirement, you believe you’re two decades away from retiring, and have only saved up $500,000, you know you need to save around $2,100 per month. (the best time to start saving was 20 years ago, the second best time is NOW!).
3. Goals get you motivated. Without a goal in mind, you can always say it will happen tomorrow—whatever it is. Of course, once tomorrow arrives, there will be a tomorrow after that, and so on.
Setting a goal with a timetable will force you into some accountability for your actions and force you to get up off the proverbial couch.
4. Goals help you actualize your potential. Each and every one of us has incredible talents and abilities latently existing within, but very few people actually leverage those talents into something useful.
Setting goals and working towards them is a great way to put your skills to work, while developing and sharpening your natural talents.
5. Goals keep you committed. One of the biggest deterrents to success is that people just give up along the road (see the above stat about January 19th!). If you set a goal for yourself and stick to it, you can block out unhelpful distractions and resist falling into depression or self-pity when things don’t quite go your way. Action creates clarity!
You know there’s an awesome view at the top of the mountain and you’re committed to seeing it, no matter how arduous the climb. Keep moving forward and don’t forget to celebrate along the way!
TAKE ACTION: Book a 90 Minute FOCUS Session with me!
Have you given up on your goals already? Not really gotten started on them?
Book a 90 Minute FOCUS Session with me and we can start to clarify where you may be stuck with your goals or goal setting in general.
You will leave with clarity and an action plan to get started without feeling lost or overwhelmed!