3 Ways to Build More Celebration into your Business!
August is a month of Celebrations for me!
- My Birthday is in August!
- My Wedding Anniversary is in August!
- My First Business – The Gift of Time was officially registered 8/22/2013!
- I resigned from my last W2 Job in August!
- August is full of Sunshine and warm days and I get to spend time outdoors – usually involving water!
- It’s back to school and back to new routines!
While some of the things on this list could make people sad or mourn for what was (summer slipped away too quickly, back to school already?, another year older?). I CHOOSE to celebrate each and every milestone!
It’s important to do that in your Business and career as well.
Otherwise what is it all for?
Here are 3 ways to celebrate in your business (Taken directly from my book: Vitamin C3 For Business: 52 Ideas to Connect, Contribute and Celebrate Your Way To Success!)
- Celebrate Your Business Anniversary – If you are not sure when that is, just go to the Secretary of State and see when you registered your business. Then each year you need to stop and celebrate the fact that you are still in business! (The odds are not in your favor!). I encourage you to get a cupcake, put a candle in it and make a wish for the next year of your business! Take time to mark the occasion and say thanks to your employees, your clients and to your family – you know they have supported you on your journey!
- Summer Picnic: How can you create a summer picnic for your clients, employees, supporters? Maybe you do an actual picnic in the park- complete with fun and games or host an ice cream social? Or maybe you send them a card with a favorite picnic recipe/game (I’ve helped clients send a packet of lemonade in each card!). Don’t forget to remind them that you are celebratingthe fact they are a part of your business.
- Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep: You’ve heard the saying don’t go to bed angry – well I encourage you not to go to bed without celebrating something! Before you lift your feet off the floor to go to bed, take a moment and actually give yourself a high five or a pat on the back as you think of a WIN that you had that day. It can be something as simple as you made it through another day, but take time to acknowledge and celebrate! You can use a great tool on your phone called WinStreak. An app that makes it easy to record your wins everyday!
What are you doing to schedule in some FUN and Celebration in your business next week?
Until next week, put some F.A.B. in your Friday!