Community

Mentors – How To Ask For One?

As we wrap up our February theme of Mentors, I wanted to share some thoughts on how to ask for a mentor and things to consider before agreeing to mentor someone else. “Will you be my mentor?” If you start with questions, you’re likely to hear no – or say no if someone asks you.…

Read More

Mentors – Your Inner Circle

We are half way through FEBRUARY! 7 weeks into the New Year! How are you doing on your goals and resolutions? If you have fallen short – or simply not even started implementing your plan, maybe you should tap into your inner circle for inspiration, motivation and accountabiilty! As human beings, we are social animals.…

Read More

Mentors: Why We Need Them

“The mind is not a vessel that needs filling, but wood that needs igniting.” – Plutarch Knowledge: You cannot know everything there is to know about how to get where you want to be in life. While it’s possible to learn the needed skills, this will take time and likely a lot of money and effort. Instead,…

Read More

Vitamin C3: Lets Celebrate Women Entrepreneurs!

This month we will be touching on the themes from my book. It’s how I show up as a human being and definitely in my business. Vitamin C3 = Connection, Contribution, and Celebration! Today we talk about the 3rd C in the Vitamin C3 trilogy: CELEBRATE!I love to celebrate – by myself when something goes right (do…

Read More

Vitamin C3: What are YOU contributing?

Welcome to November! The month of Thanksgiving and gratitude and the kick off of the holiday season!This month we will be touching on the themes from my book. It’s how I show up as a human being and definitely in my business. Vitamin C3 = Connection, Contribution, and Celebration! Small Businesses are the lifeblood of our communities.…

Read More

Celebration – With Relish

Happy August!I am sad to see this month of celebration end on the calendar but I hope you have gained a few ideas on how to keep the celebrations going in your business and life! Celebration = Relish? What?Not the kind of relish you would put on your deliciously grilled hot dog – no I…

Read More

Celebrate Collaboration!

Happy August! As we roll into the weekend, I am delighted to celebrate the ultimate collaboration – Marriage! James and I have been married 28 years this weekend! We dated 4 years before that – so 32 years we have been collaborating on building our life together. I have some exciting Collaborations coming up – a cool…

Read More

Community – Dale Carnegie says SMILE!

To wrap up our tips about community, I thought I’d go back to the basics – before you can build a community – you first have to connect with people! Nobody can teach you this better than the classic – How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie!Mr. Carnegie says….Top 6 ways to…

Read More

Community – Put the YOU in CommYounity

We’ve been talking about community this month. I believe that small businesses are the lifeblood of a community. We’ve seen the impact of them closing over the last 18 months.Small businesses sponsor the local schools events and sports teams, they pay local taxes, they hire people in the community. Without them our communities would dry…

Read More

Community: Add Value and Joy

Life is a team sport! We may feel like we are in it alone, but we need people! Without a steady stream of clients/ customers, vendors, power partners and a community, our businesses would come tumbling down quickly.To support people in your community (business or personal) add value to others and they will automatically be…

Read More