Did you know that some things you think are helping your productivity, are actually keeping you from being productive? Here are 5 mistakes you might be making.
- You’re creating a to-do list with too many tasks on it. Your impossibly long to-do list that takes up several sheets of paper is a recipe for stress. There is no way you can get all the tasks done yourself. Having so many tasks keeps you from focusing on the few tasks that really need to be done.
- You’re multitasking by doing 2, 3, or more tasks at the same time. You don’t get any one task done even though you have worked on several. Multitasking takes away your focus. The University of London found that those who multitask during cognitive activities had an IQ drop similar to if they’d pulled an all-nighter or smoked marijuana, averaging ten points.
- Allowing others to interrupt you constantly. When you take your focus off your task for unimportant interruptions, you often don’t return to the task you were doing. Letting friends talk you into going out for a bite to eat when you’re working on your goal won’t get you closer to achieving that goal
- You’re attitude or the attitude of those you are working with can be destroying your productivity. If you or you’re co-worker are constantly negative about how hard the work is or that your boss is singling you out for more work or whatever the destructive thoughts are, you kill your productivity.
- If stress is a big problem in your life, it can reduce how productive you are.Stress keeps you from making decisions, working towards future goals and inhibits your creativity, innovation, and communication.
What are you doing to schedule in some FUN and Productivity in your business next week?
Until next week, put some F.A.B. in your Friday!